Saturday, December 22, 2012

Conversion: Twin Linked Brain Leech Devourers

Looks like the biggest craze right now are Twin Linked Brain Leech Devourers. I have to agree, they are really powerful. When you put two pairs of these into the hands of something like a Carnifex or a Tyrant, you are going to get lots and lots of shots. Best yet, add Old Adversary and you get to reroll 1's on your "to wound" rolls! What's not to love?

So I begun my hunt. The ones that came with the Carnifex kit was just way too piddly for a Tyrant or a Carnifex. These were some of the pics I found online which I liked.

Great concept. Flipping the JOINT on the arm is brilliant.

I would be afraid

These gaping holes will kill you! 
I then found Sam, our resident painter and convertor extradoniare who runs his own blog called The Ward Save (http://skanwy.blogspot.sg/) came up with an awesome conversion. Check it out: http://skanwy.blogspot.sg/2012/12/tyranids-army-revamp-tyranicus.html. 

So I called him up and he made me 2 pairs of those babies. I took them home and hit a problem. I didn't have enough skills to sculpt greenstuff to flip arms around. I needed to find existing arms that were both left and right and didn't mean that I had to sacrifice a weapon that I may really want to use. After about 30 minutes of looking in my bits box, I found the Crushing Claws from the Tervigon kit. I snipped off the bigger claw at the joint and then affixed the conversion Sam provided me. And then BOOM! I have two sets, one for my Flyrant, the other for my Walkrant! Thanks Sam! 

2 pairs, each twin linked. I love it

Close up. I used Genestealer shoulder plates to hide the joints
Now that the Tyrants were done, I had to find a solution for my Carnifexes. I really liked the Hive Swarms from the Tyrannofex kits but the stats were crap in game. So I had two pairs lying around and I had 2 Carnifexes that needed 2 twin linked brain leech devourers. 1+1 equals 2!

I added magnets to the joints similar to my other weapon options for my Carnifexes and smooth them out using green stuff.

All ready for base coats
Once they are painted I will snap them into place and I will have a WYSIWYG army again! Hope this post helps you guys out there struggling to find enough Twin Linked Brain Leech Devourers.

FOR THE HIVE MIND! 

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done man!

    Really good use of the Tyranid bits :) Lookin' formidable already!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...