Thursday, July 11, 2013

WIP Crimson Hunter

I am close to completing the Crimson Hunter. I tidied up all the overlapping paint from each of the blocked colours. I took a sharp tipped brush and used the Red Wash to get into the panel lines to create shading. I also used Screamer Pink to highlight some of the panels. I then went back with Astronomican Grey and highlighted most of the black panels and cockpit. 

While it looks alright to game with at the moment, there are a few things I would like to work on to improve the model. That would really make it 100% satisfied:
  1. Wash the panel lines with Black Wash to create darker recesses
  2. Completely highlight the black panels with Astronomican Grey
  3. Completely highlight the Bleached Bone panels with Bleached Bone + White mix
  4. To finished thin lining/highlighting the Crimson Panels with Screamer Pink
  5. To inscribe the Craftworld symbol
  6. To attach decals
  7. To complete the base
7 more steps to complete the model! This is usually the most fun bit but also the most technically challenging part. 


Panel lines are a little weak, both the shade and the highlights. The black panels come out good though

Feel that by adding the darker panel lines I will improve the model's appearance

Woooosh


2 comments:

  1. Awesome work, man! I love the black panel detail, definitely adds a lot to the look. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man! Lots more on the table. I am working through the existing collection bit by bit.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...