Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Magnetizing Eldar Jetbike Stands

If you are like me and the rest of the people in the world, you would struggle with those damn jetbike stands. They work for 2 weeks but then snap shortly. Trying to repair it just makes it worse. You can't glue it in place or you run the risk of them snapping INSIDE the damn jetbike. 

So I decided to magnetize the stands to my jetbikes. Not a full tutorial but this is as good as it gets. 

I cut off the tops to level the stump and stuck the magnet there

Added blutack to the hole to fill it up

Always mark the polarity of your magnets to allow you to swap between stands and prevent your components from repelling each other

Added the smaller diameter magnets to the underside of the bikes

You can't really tell it's there.  
I'll update once the magnets are dry and in place. 

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with my landspeeders, just makes so much more sense, and means you can gleefully spin them around :)

    nice tute

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...