Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Batrep: Altansar Eldar takes on Hivefleet Behemoth at Titan Games

Finally had the opportunity to play a 40k game with Marshall. We tried about 4 weeks back but failed due to time constraints. Today, we had the time to sort out a game without having to rush through it. 1850 each, off we go. 

My list was pretty much unchanged since the 6th Edition. I wanted to see if my balanced force would be able to deal with the multiple and constantly changing Maelstrom Tactical Objectives which I believe will make the game more random but also forces the players to bring balanced forces. 

HQ
Farseer: Jetbike, Witchblade, Runes of Witnessing
Farseer: Jetbike, Witchblade, Runes of Witnessing

Troops
Dire Avengers x5: Wave Serpent (TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Fields)
Guardians x10: Wave Serpent (TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Fields)
Guardians x10: Wave Serpent (TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Fields)
Jetbikers x3
Jetbikers x3
Jetbikers x3

Fast Attack
Warp Spiders x8
Warp Spiders x8

Heavy
War Walkers x3: Each armed with Bright Lances x2
Wraithknight: Heavy Wraithcannons x2


Altansar Eldar gathers for battle



Rolled Doom, Guide and Hallucination for the 2nd Seer

Warlord rolled up Telepathy tree since I have heard many a good things about Invisibility so thought I would try it out
We rolled up Mission 1 of the Maelstrom missions where you draw 3 Tactic cards and draw more at the start of your turn if you have less than 3.

Marshall rolled for Night Fight but failed to get it. I tried to seize but failed.
Nids deploy

Spread

Trying out that large phallic monster

All quiet on the Eldar front
I held in Reserve one unit of Jetbike and two units of Spiders.

Nids' first turn objectives

Eldar first turn objectives

Behemoth surges forward

HQ jumped into Bastion together with his buddy, Venomthrope

I just spread out my units in Turn 1

Concentrated fire on his closest Carnifex and managed to do 2 wounds
 Turn 2
Surges forward again

Advance!

Hive Guard manages to cause a Crew Shaken result on my Serpent so I disembarked the Guardians. Pulled my Wraithknight back after losing 2 wounds in the Nids' shooting phase. 

Buffed up the Guardians with Invisibility and Guide, Dooming the Gargs as well. Destroyed a fair few. 

My Reserves arrive and I sent the Jetbikes down the flank together with my Walkers
Upon reading Reserves, we realised that we played this wrongly. Reserves only arrive from Turn 3 onwards in 7th Edition!

These 10 Guardians would prove to be Leonidas and the Spartans. 
Turn 3
Marshall pushes further forward

Destroying this Serpent and Pinning my Guardians

Combined charged my Guardians after shooting 6 of them down

He even charged my Jetbikes on the flank

What later became to be known as Guardian Pass, the 4 Guardians held more than 40 gribllies

Even losing one of their brethren, they keep fighting

I moved my Wraithknight up, gambling that the Guardians would hold up the horde

FIGHT TO THE DEATH! 

Alas, the Tyranids broke through in my Turn 3! 
Turn 4
The Nids threw the Gargs into my way but the Knight managed to kill and run the Gargs down! 

In my turn my Spiders dropped in. After 3 turns of skulking. 

Disembarked my Dire Avengers to support the middle field and flanked using both units of Spiders with the Warlord

In a brilliant show of crappiness, both units of Spiders did not a single wound to their target the Tervigon. Not a single wound. Meanwhile the Knight fared a little better, taking down the Carnifex in 1 round of melee. 

And consolidated towards the cockmonster, I mean Exocrine

Facing down the other monster...
 Turn 5
Marshall shot and charged my unit of 8, forcing them to flee

And this fight continues! 

I regroup in my turn and bring them back in to shoot at the Tervigon, killing it with the combined firepower and Psychic buffs
Turn 6
Marshall shot and deleted 2 more of my Spiders, forcing them to flee. In my turn I rally them and did 1 wound on the Fex

The fight continues.

Lost my Farseer in Turn 6 to Nid shooting

Casted Doom on the Fex and managed to take it out with the combined fire of Spiders, War Walkers and Wave Serpent.

Moved my Jetbikes up to capture this objective as well, netting me another point. 

Managed to secure these objectives giving me a total of 10 + 3 + 2 for 15

Got all secondary objectives for another 3, that's 18 Grand Total

Marshall unfortunately scored these 4 + 2 and Slay the Warlord for a Grand Total of 7 
I felt that his list was suboptimal. Not fielding the Flyrant made him predictable and easily kept within arms reach. I kept kiting the shooters while keeping the pressure on. Good first game. Playing another tomorrow with YC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...