Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Batrep: Ghazghkull Orks vs Altansar Eldar

Youcai and myself played a 1850 game earlier and this is the batrep. Hope you enjoy it and if you do, do drop us a comment. Also remember to "Follow" to get consistent updates! 

YC brought Ghazzkul and gang. His list had 3 Battlewagons (G was riding the golden one) while the other 2 had Orks armed with various choppa etc. Close combatants, 20 each. He brought a large unit of Shootas (30) and another large mob of 15 Lootas with Mekanik. There is a unit of 3 Heavy Nobs with a Painboy. 2 Kans and a Dakka jet. 

I brought the same list I have been playing. Boring I know but I do like the ability of this list to take all comers in 7th Ed. The fluid nature of the Tactical Objectives also forces me to be mobile. MSU's also take a strong presence in 7th ed armies now. 

YC built his army just the night before for our game-subtle shades of grey.



Rolled mission 1: Cleanse and Control

Warlord Powers

2nd Farseer powers. Managed to snag Invisibility again!
YC rolled for Night Fighting but failed.

Eldar deployment. I held one unit of Jetbikes and Spiders in Reserve and Deep Strike.

The sea of purple

While YC deploys aggressively to close the distance quickly
I took first turn and YC failed to Sieze.

Turn 1

Jumped the Spiders forward and the combined fire managed to total the Battlewagon

3 Serpents shot at the unit of 15, leaving only 2 models

Said Serpents

Jumped my Spiders back

G was angry and started pumping his armour hard

YC pushed his remaining Wagons up together with the Kans. 

In close combat G tears my Spiders a new one

Consolidates closer to my lines
Turn 2
I disembarked my Guardians to assist in taking out this behemoth. 

Both units in Reserve turn up. I dropped my 2nd unit of Spiders behind G and they scattered 4"

Concentrated fire into the other Wagon capturing Objective 6. YC was ahead of me in the Primary Objectives now, having scored 2 while I had none. 

Battlefocussed the Guardians and with the combined fire of the War Walkers managed to kill off one Nob. 2+/6++ is tough to chew through

The Shokk Attack Gun forced me to jink only to reveal no damage

Dakkajet suddenly emerged! YC forgot to roll so I let it in. YC had called the Waaagh but forgot to double the shots! Did not manage to hurt my Guardians.

G charges into my War Walkers only to have the snap fire kill off one Nob! 

Meanwhile his Shootas managed to pip off one HP from my Wraithknight.
Turn 3
I disembarked all my Troops. I needed weight of fire to down that beast. Killed off the chap and managed to score both the Tactical Objective and Slay the Warlord
I also charged the last Wagon and destroyed it. Consolidated back

Managed to total the other Wagon

While YC pulled his Shootas back to hide behind terrain. The Sabotaged Objective was also killing him

So YC quickly regrouped and moved his Orks into the forest 
Turn 5
I concentrated all fire onto the unit in the forest and killed them off

And focussed everything on the last unit hidden at the back. 

Mopped up every last Ork. Operation cleanse success
Post battle

I feel that this list is better than YC's previous 30k list. However, the attacks came piecemeal. If YC kept his 3 Wagons together I would have had a harder time prioritizing what to kill. Ghaz is really hard to kill with his heavy armour and all. Definitely good to bring Wagons. I think they work. The Lootas were hard countered by my Serpents and their shields.

I am quite surprised that my list still works in 7th. Granted that the past few games YC did bring less efficient lists, I have been liking what I see with my list. Will continue to work on the paint jobs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...