Thursday, December 18, 2014

Batrep 1850: Shield of Baal - Week 3. Hivefleet Leviathan vs Iron Hands (Clan Raukaan)

Hivefleet Leviathan vs Iron Hands (Clan Raukaan)
Fresh off the defeat I had at the hands of Patrick yesterday, I was out for blood! Challenged YouCai to a 1850 game. I changed my list from the previous day and here it is:

Leviathan Detachment
HQ
Flyrant with TL Brain Leech Devourers
Flyrant with TL Brain Leech Devourers
Flyrant with TL Brain Leech Devourers

Troops
Rippers x3 with Deep Strike
Mucolid Spore
Mucolid Spore
Mucolid Spore
Tervigon
Termagants x30

Heavy
Carnifex x2 with TL Brain Leech Devourers
Carnifex x1 with TL Brain Leech Devourers
Toxicrene

Iron Hands - Clan Raukaan List
Captain with artificer, Axe of Medusa, Gorgon Chain
Tac sqd in Rhino (Captain rides with them)
Tac sqd in Razorback
Tac squad in Drop Pod
Sternguard x5 in drop pod
Mortis pattern contemptor with Kheres assault cannon
Storm talon with Skyhammer
Storm talon with missile launcher
Rapier laser destroyer x2
Culexus assassin
Sicaran Battle Tank
Hunter Tank




Imperial Deployment
Turn 1

Following the scenario special rules, Tyranid will go first. However, each unit will appear in randomly selected sections. The following pictures indicate where they came in from.

Tyranid "deployment". I had to move them in from the edge of the sections. 

Following tradition, I spawned and JAMMED! In Turn 1. I sent them forward in the hopes of choking up the lane from the Culexus hiding in the forest from my Tervigon

Amazing shot. Managed to cause Crew Shaken result on the Sicaran

While the two Flyrants concentrated all fire power on the Hunter to allow me more aerial freedom

The other Flyrant banked to take out the Razorback

The swarm moved towards the Culexus general direction to lock him in

YC moved his Culexus up to attempt to kill the Tervigon but failed his psychic shooting

He disembarks his Captain and unit to start shooting at the Toxicrene
I managed to score First Blood and one VP for a total of 2VPs.

YC meanwhile scored an amazing start with an objective that gave him 3+D3 VP's for having no enemy in ruins. Since he has 2nd turn, I could do nothing to deny him this. He promptly rolled 1 on D1, giving him 4VPs.


Turn 2
The horde now moves up while the two Flyrants swoop in closer to take out the Marines garrisoning the objective 5.

I threw a lot of firepower into this unit but the Captain tanked everything. 

The two Fexes destroyed the Sicaran and regrouped while the swarm moved up mid field

Just a look down the table. 

The Toxicrene now go for the Captain, hoping to achieve Slay the Warlord

I charged in but only managed to kill 2 Marines as the Captain tanked most of the attacks. I was limping on one wound. 

Never underestimate the lowly Gant. They managed to do enough wounds and killed the Culexus.
No VPs for me.

In a Drop Pod came to try to pop my Tervigon which would give YC an extra VP due to his mission.

While another unit of 10 arrived in my backfield

The Stormtalon arrived and popped a few shots off at the Malanthrope wounding it but not killing it.

The Carnifex takes 2 wounds from the Sternguard
YC didn't manage to score anything in Turn 2 either.

Turn 3
I advanced most of my stuff up

While the two Flyrants move about to support 

Unfortunately for me I caused a Perils during my Psychic Phase, promptly rolled a 2, lost a wound and failed my Grounding check. I lost the last wound and gave YC Slay the Warlord. FML

Carnifex throws all their shooting into Sternguard before charging into them.

But died in the Overwatch fire. FML

Sternguard moved up 

While the Captain and his unit reembarks on their Rhino 
In Turn 3, YC managed to score Slay the Warlord. I did not score anything.

Ray: 2VP
YC: 5VP

Turn 4
Tervigon casted Paroxysm on the Sternguard to set them up for my charge

While the Flyrant comes over to assist

Threw Onslaught on the Gants to help me secure another objective

Same thing happened again! Flyrant in the middle of the board cause a Perils of the Warp, fell to the ground and died! 

Shooting helped a little

Tervigon finished up the others

Secured this objective 

The 3 Marines riding in the Rhino looked out and saw a few Gants
I was ignoring objectives until this turn mainly because it was difficult to score them and I was in prime position to take out his units. I was planning to go for objectives Turn 3 onwards but got delayed one turn.

I managed to score 2VP's for Garrison Objective 5 meanwhile YC couldn't score.

RT: 4VP
YC: 5VP

I was catching up but would I have enough time. Turn 5 was approaching next and I had potentially one more turn before the game ends.

Turn 5

My army swung around to go for his Warlord in the Rhino

Destroyed his Rhino and they emerged

I threw everything I had at them but they survive

YC moved them up to attempt to charge my Gants and pull them off one of the objectives but failed! He need a 4 but rolled a 3! 
I managed to secure 2 more VP's while YC none.

RT: 6VP
YC: 5VP

I just made it! Now if the game ended I would win! We rolled for the last turn. Naturally, it came up a 4.

Turn 6

YC had little left. The Drop Pod, Stormtalon and 2 Marines.

I rushed most of my stuff forward

But his Captain survived 24 shots from the Fexes only to take 2 wounds from Gants. Woot! 

The Tervigon charged in and rolled for it's Hammer of Wrath.

And kills the Warlord! I now have Slay the Warlord

Did I mention that this Flyrant also fell to the ground with a Perils of the Warp? Yes, and now it was also limping on 1 wound

We went and rolled for the last turn and it came up a 2. Game over. 
The last turn was a good one for me. I managed to score 2VPs with Slay the Warlord for a total of 3VP's.

YC didn't manage to score.

Final Score:
RT: 9VP
YC: 5VP

Tyranids win! The first win for the Nids for this week!

This week's scenario was really tough for us owing to the spread out nature of the mission forcing us to spread out units out. Not only we struggle with Synapse, we also struggle with synergy. Nonetheless, it was a fun mission forcing you to use what resources you have to accomplish the random missions that appear.

Current score for Week 3:
Tyranids: 3
Imperials: 14

Looks very likely that they will get the additional Troops for the Apoc game. GG guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...